Exercise nourishes the body from toe to head. There are many types of sports that you are free to choose from. Now if you don’t like to sweat, anaerobic exercise might be an option. Unfortunately, not many people fully understand about this type of sport. Actually, what are the benefits of anaerobic exercise for the body?
What is Anaerobic Exercise?
If you’ve heard of aerobic exercise , anaerobic exercise is the opposite. Aerobic exercise produces energy using an oxygen supply to maintain activity levels without using other energy sources. This exercise is carried out with a slower intensity, such as jogging or relaxing biking.
While anaerobic exercise is an activity that breaks down glucose into energy without using oxygen. As a result, the body will produce more energy and use energy sources stored in the muscles. This exercise is done with a short duration but high intensity.
Examples of anaerobic exercises include jumping rope, sprinting , lifting weights, push ups, pull ups, and more. Even though it’s done quickly, you still have to take a break. This gives a break in the body to produce energy again and gives relief to the muscles so they don’t work too hard.
The benefits of anaerobic exercise that you need to know
Reporting from the Health Line page , anaerobic exercise provides many benefits for your body’s health, such as:
- Just like other sports, anaerobic exercise helps increase your bone strength and density and reduces the risk of oesteoporosis (bone loss).
- Anaerobic exercise can reduce excessive fat under the skin and around the abdomen so that it can control body weight.
- One example of anaerobic exercise, which is a short run that is routinely carried out can increase body strength. In addition, fitness will be maintained and you will not be easily tired.
- Anaerobic exercise can increase metabolism and maintain lean muscle in the body because it burns more calories during training sessions.
- Any exercise including anaerobic exercise can stimulate the production of endorphins which can improve your mood and prevent you from stress.
- In addition to osteoporosis , anaerobic exercise can also protect heart health and control blood sugar levels to remain stable thereby reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes.